YOUR VOLUNTEER HELP IS DESPERATELY NEEDED!!
There are several different positions available, some require less commitment than others. Here is just a brief explanation of the various jobs available. More details can be obtained from attending a meeting or Emailing one of the Co Chairs.
Activities – Leaders: Amber Nustad
- Set up of activities
- Volunteer a few hours of your time to supervise the many fun activities and games that the students participate in throughout the event
Baggage – Lead – Darlene Lainchbury
- Create a list of students and coordinate tags to match bag and wristbands
- Checking of each bag brought in by graduate, and guest, on Thursday afternoon, June 8, 2019, 1:30 pm – 6:00 pm.
- Dry Grad night – Setup bag check area and provide a bag check service for students. Students have supervised access to their bags from 10:45 pm and throughout the night.
Communication – Catherine Grondines
- Email Catherine Grondines to receive any information about Dry Grad
- Arrange for advertising in school newspapers, posters, local newspapers, radio, etc.
- Update social media sites, website
Decorations – Leaders – Cyrena Howarth
- Planning, construction, building, painting – this is ongoing
- Hauling of materials into town from Chimney Creek School
- Help to decorate the arena during the days prior to Grad night at the Cariboo Memorial Complex
Donations – Lead: Tami Bonner
- Deliver donation letters to businesses in the community and collect donations
Fundraising – Lead – Monique Bos
- Selling of items: chocolates, coffee, plants, raffle tickets, food, etc.
- Planning and/or supervising fundraising events
Foods – Lead –
- Asking for food donations
- Food preparation for Grad night
- Putting food on trays and keeping serving area / food areas stocked during event
Parade – Lead – Star Greene
- Communicate with City Hall about parade route and time
- Coordinate with “Food” chair to provide snacks and water before parade
- Assist in lining the entrants up prior to the start of the Parade
- Ensure portapotties are situated and available to parade entrants
Prizes – Lead – Lynn Sampson
- Collection, organization, purchasing, and handout of prizes night of Dry Grad
Security – Lead –
- Patrolling inside and outside of Dry Grad area
- Guard entrances and exits
Final Cleanup – Lead –
- Begins early morning, dismantling of decorations, loading vehicles for the return of items to storage areas, general tidy of the arena.
You do not have to be a grad or grad parent to help, our volunteers include:
- Parents of younger students
- Parents of previous graduates
- Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, Neighbours
- Teachers and other staff from elementary & secondary schools
- Anyone with a desire to participate and have fun!
CRIMINAL RECORD CHECKS will be available to fill out online this year through the Criminal Records Review Program. When you volunteer for an area that requires a CRC, you will be provided with a website link and access code to fill in the form online. Email Angie Brinoni to volunteer. For those that volunteered in 2015/2016/2017, your CRCs will expire in either 2020/21/22, depending on when you completed your form.
The Committees that need help throughout the year, until Grad, are Decorating, Donations and Fundraising. On the night of Dry Grad, Activities, Baggage, Food, Prizes and Security will need lots of people to take 2-3 hour shifts through the night to run them. If you’re able to be there for the whole night, you can always move to different areas to help out. That way you get to move around and see more. Please talk to family, friends and community members to help with a very important event that is designed to keep our youth safe and able to create a lasting memory.
I look forward to hearing back from you about volunteering. CRIMINAL RECORD CHECKS will be available to fill out online next year through the Criminal Records Review Program. When you volunteer for an area that requires a CRC, you will be provided with a website link and access code to fill in the form online. You are also able to share your CRCs with other volunteer organizations that you the same process.